1 Corinthians Chapter 2 - Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
- And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not in loftiness of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of Christ.
- For I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
- And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
- And my speech and my preaching was not in the persuasive words of human wisdom, but in shewing of the Spirit and power;
- That your faith might not stand on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.
- Howbeit we speak wisdom among the perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, neither of the princes of this world that come to nought;
- But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, a wisdom which is hidden, which God ordained before the world, unto our glory:
- Which none of the princes of this world knew; for if they had known it, they would never have crucified the Lord of glory.
- But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him.
- But to us God hath revealed them, by this Spirit. For the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
- For what man knoweth the things of a man, but the spirit of a man that is in him? So the things also that are of God no man knoweth, but the Spirit of God.
- Now we have received not the spirit of this world, but the Spirit that is of God; that we may know the things that are given us from God.
- Which things also we speak, not in the learned words of human wisdom; but in the doctrine of the Spirit, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
- But the sensual man perceiveth not these things that are of the Spirit of God; for it is foolishness to him, and he cannot understand, because it is spiritually examined.
- But the spiritual man judgeth all things; and he himself is judged of no man.
- For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that we may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Select Bible
- My Notes
Traditional Holy Rosary
No Luminous Mysteries!