Jonas Chapter 2 - Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
- Now the Lord prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonas: and Jonas was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
- And Jonas prayed to the Lord his God out of the belly of the fish.
- And he said: I cried out of my affliction to the Lord, and he heard me: I cried out of the belly of hell, and thou hast heard my voice.
- And thou hast cast me forth into the deep in the heart of the sea, and a flood hath compassed me: all thy billows, and thy waves have passed over me.
- And I said: I am cast away out of the sight of thy eyes: but yet I shall see thy holy temple again.
- The waters compassed me about even to the soul: the deep hath closed me round about, the sea hath covered my head.
- I went down to the lowest parts of the mountains: the bars of the earth have shut me up for ever: and thou wilt bring up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.
- When my soul was in distress within me, I remembered the Lord: that my prayer may come to thee, unto thy holy temple.
- They that are vain observe vanities, forsake their own mercy.
- But I with the voice of praise will sacrifice to thee: I will pay whatsoever I have vowed for my salvation to the Lord.
- And the Lord spoke to the fish: and it vomited out Jonas upon the dry land.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Select Bible
- My Notes
Traditional Holy Rosary
No Luminous Mysteries!