1 Timothy Chapter 4 - Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible
- Now the Spirit manifestly saith, that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error, and doctrines of devils,
- Speaking lies in hypocrisy, and having their conscience seared,
- Forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving by the faithful, and by them that have known the truth.
- For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be rejected that is received with thanksgiving:
- For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
- These things proposing to the brethren, thou shalt be a good minister of Christ Jesus, nourished up in the words of faith, and of the good doctrine which thou hast attained unto.
- But avoid foolish and old wives' fables: and exercise thyself unto godliness.
- For bodily exercise is profitable to little: but godliness is profitable to all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
- A faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
- For therefore we labor and are reviled, because we hope in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, especially of the faithful.
- These things command and teach.
- Let no man despise thy youth: but be thou an example of the faithful in word, in conversation, in charity, in faith, in chastity.
- Till I come, attend unto reading, to exhortation, and to doctrine.
- Neglect not the grace that is in thee, which was given thee by prophesy, with imposition of the hands of the priesthood.
- Meditate upon these things, be wholly in these things: that thy profiting may be manifest to all.
- Take heed to thyself and to doctrine: be earnest in them. For in doing this thou shalt both save thyself and them that hear thee.
- Search Keyword in Bible
- My Verses
- Select Bible
- My Notes
Traditional Holy Rosary
No Luminous Mysteries!